Why Choose WP Engine® for Your Managed WordPress Hosting?
We’ve worked with dozens of different hosting providers, but as WordPress developers and WordPress maintenance providers, WP Engine continues to be our hosting provider of choice year after year. Here’s why Bound By is a WP Engine agency partner, and why we think you should choose WP Engine for your managed WordPress hosting solution.
What is WP Engine®?
WP Engine®, at it’s core, is a hosting company. While they’ve been growing their positioning as the “WordPress Digital Experience Platform” in recent years – what makes them great to us is their Managed WordPress hosting. The WP Engine platform provides brands the solutions they need to create remarkable sites and apps on WordPress that drive their business forward faster. When it comes to WordPress hosting needs, WP Engine has all the bases covered – optimized to provide the best performance possible for WordPress. With all their hosting packages, WP Engine offers top-notch security & SSL certificates (both of which can be separate line items with providers like GoDaddy).
Quick WP Engine Facts:
- 5% of the online world visits an experience on WP Engine each day.
- 500K+ digital experiences are powered by WP Engine.
- 2M+ attacks blocked every day for WP Engine customers.
- 90K+ customers in 140 countries trust WP Engine with their digital experiences.
Why do we at Bound By choose WP Engine®?
- Easy-to-use staging environments make website development, updates, and maintenance easy for our team.
- Automatic daily backups and quick & easy manual backups helps us ensure our client’s website files are stored safely.
- Quick backup restoration makes it easy to restore website functionality in the event there’s a conflict with WordPress updates or plugins. We love this for our clients, but it’s also great insurance for DIYers.
- 24/7 support. Not only does WP Engine offer a great product, but their support team is top shelf. We’ve had to talk to hosting support for plenty of providers over the years and the knowledge and availability of WP Engine’s support team is far superior to some of the others we’ve spoken with.
- Fast website load time. While there are a variety of factors that play into a website’s load time, WP Engine’s hosting environment isn’t going to slow your website down. WP Engine’s hosting also comes with a Content Delivery Network (CDN) option – which is typically another upsell for most “low cost” hosting providers. Since many of our projects include User Experience (UX) and digital marketing services, site speed is very important to our team.
Why choose WP Engine® for your WordPress website?
- Best-in-Class Optionality. With a range of WordPress-optimized solutions on Google Cloud Platform and AWS, WP Engine has a plan to fit your business.
- Managed Maintenance & Security. Rest easy knowing that minor updates will be pushed through automatically, while WP Engine vets major updates thoroughly before recommending them.
- Free Fully-Managed CDN. Free Fully-Managed Load content faster with WP Engine’s global content delivery network (CDN), which routes local requests to the nearest server.
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificates. WP Engine makes it easy to secure your site with SSL certificates included in all plans—add them with a single click in your user portal.
- Automatic Encrypted Backups. WP Engine performs daily automatic backups, encrypted in transit and at rest, stored in redundant, off-site data centers to give you peace of mind in case you run into any site issues.
- Threat Detection & Blocking. Host Intrusion Prevention System that automatically detects and blocks attacks in near real-time.
- Smart Plugin Manager. Save time and update with confidence. Smart Plugin Manager updates WordPress plugins daily and ensures plugins won’t break your site with visual regression testing.
- Plugin Vulnerability Mitigation. WP Engine’s Security Team monitors feeds closely and proactively alerts you of any plugins with potential security risks.
- 24/7/365 Support. Enough said.
- Auto WordPress Site Migration. Easily migrate your WordPress site from another provider with the WP Engine Automated Migration Plugin.
Is WP Engine® worth it?
We think so. When you consider everything you get out of the box with WP Engine – Managed WordPress hosting, a CDN, SSL certificates, daily backups, the security, a staging environment, and much more – it’s hard to compete on price. In fact, if you were to purchase hosting with a provider like GoDaddy, an SSL certificate, and everything else, you’ll likely end up paying the same or more on an annual basis when annual renewals come around (discount hosting providers are really good at roping users in with discounts/promo codes up front).
Whether you need a custom enterprise solution or you just need managed WordPress hosting to get started, WP Engine has a plan that’s right for you. Check out their pricing or contact us to learn how we can help you find the WordPress Maintenance Plan that’s right now you.
Jason and his team at Bound By surpassed every expectation we had, and our standards were high. They listened to our ideas, took our rough sketches, and delivered a finished product that sets us apart. Not only does our website convey a professional image that is important for a law firm, their advertising team has helped grow our business and expand our reach. I would recommend Bound By to any business seeking to build a strong web presence.Key Law Tyler Key
Average Conversion Rate