9 Benefits of Google My Business for Small Businesses
Learn more about what Google My Business is, and the many benefits of Google My Business (GMB) for small businesses/local service providers.
What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free tool that allows you to promote your Business Profile and business website on Google Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can see and connect with your customers, post updates to your Business Profile, and see how customers are interacting with your business on Google.
9 Benefits of Google My Business
- Manage your business information. Manage the information that Google users find when they search for your business, or the products and services that you offer. Businesses that verify their information with Google My Business are twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers. When people find your business on Google Maps and Search, make sure they have access to information like your hours, website, and street address.
- Interact with customers. Read and respond to reviews from your customers, and post photos that show off what you do. Businesses that add photos to their Business Profiles receive 42% more requests for directions on Google Maps, and 35% more clicks through to their websites than businesses that don’t.
- Understand and expand your presence online. Find insights on how customers searched for your business, and where those customers are coming from. You can also find information like how many people called your business directly from the phone number displayed on local search results in Search and Maps.
- Build customer trust by responding to reviews. According to consumers, businesses that respond to reviews are 1.7X more trustworthy than businesses who don’t (76% vs. 46%).
- Keep customers up-to-date. Do you have new product photos, hours, or menu items? Customers are looking for more than just a local listing. Your Business Profile on Google lets you feature the best of your business.
- Connect and get results. Customers can leave reviews and book services right from your profile. When you make it easy to do business, your business grows.
- Get to know your followers. Share an offer directly to your followers to show how much you appreciate their loyalty and keep them coming back.
- Promote your business online and offline. Make a great impression with free posters, social posts, window stickers, and more – all personalized with content from your Business Profile. Create your profile to get started.
- Drive more customers to your website. Your free Google Business Profile complements your website by adding more visibility to your current business website on Google Search and Google Maps. You can even add a link to your website on your Business Profile.
Additional Google My Business Resources
- Google My Business FAQs
- The Benefits of Google My Business (eclincher.com)
- The Benefits of a Google My Business Listing (thrivehive.com)
- Benefits of Google My Business for Small Businesses (fullfunnelmarketing.com)
Have questions about how Google My Business can benefit your business? Contact us.
Based in Austin, TX, Bound By offers a variety of digital marketing services, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), to our clients. We offer a free consultation and can discuss the best plan of action based on your individual business needs. Let’s talk about your project!