A Quick Rundown on Google’s New WordPress Plugin ‘Site Kit’
On October 31, 2019 Google announced that Site Kit is available within the WordPress plugin directory. What is it and who is it for? Check out the details below.
What is Google’s Site Kit plugin?
Site Kit is Google’s official WordPress plugin — it gives you insights on how people find and use your site, how to improve and monetize your content, with data from multiple Google tools. Learn more about Site Kit on the official Site Kit website.
Who is the Site Kit plugin for?
Site Kit makes it easy for WordPress site owners to understand how their site is doing and what to do next. As a WordPress site owner, Site Kit offers you:
- Easy to verify site ownership through Search Console — no need to paste a code snippet on your site to prove you’re an owner.
- Convenient and easy access to relevant stats directly in your WordPress dashboard. We save you time — see the key information right when you sign in.
- Cross-product insights — Google Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, AdSense — are combined into a single, intuitive dashboard. We help you make informed decisions, quickly.
- No source code editing. This is the easiest way to install and manage Google products on your site in just a few clicks.
Why use Site Kit for WordPress?
Site Kit makes it easy to set up and configure key Google products, giving you authoritative and up-to-date advice on how to succeed on the web. Easily set up Google tools on your site and see everything in a single Dashboard inside WordPress. This includes:
- Search Console. Measures your site’s Google Search traffic and performance
- Analytics. Tells you how users find, use, and engage with your site
- PageSpeed Insights. Analyzes your site and suggests ways to make it faster
- AdSense. Helps you to earn money from your online content
How to get started with Google’s Site Kit WordPress plugin
How to get the most out of the Google Site Kit plugin
- Regularly review the main dashboard on and check for any significant changes in how people are finding your site. Are people finding your site from a new place?
- Keep track of how your recent posts are doing by checking the individual page reports.
- Compare the top performing pages and how people found them. Is a particular topic or product attracting more visitors from social channels?
- Set up new Google services to get more interesting insights — for example, if you enable PageSpeed Insights and Analytics, you’ll be able to see whether page load time affects bounce rate.
Google Site Kit FAQs
Is Site Kit free?
The Site Kit plugin is free and open source, and will remain so. Individual Google products included in Site Kit are subject to standard terms and fees (if any) for those products.
What happens if I already use another plugin to integrate one or more Google products?
You can also install Site Kit alongside to gain access to other insights and integrations.
Will Google offer more tools through Site Kit?
Google plans to expand the plugin’s capabilities and integrations in the future.
How can I contribute to the plugin?
If you have some ideas to improve the plugin or to solve a bug, feel free to raise an issue or submit a pull request in the GitHub repository for the plugin.
Other useful articles/resources
- Here’s how to set up the Google Site Kit WordPress plugin (Search Engine Land)
- The Best Way To Add Google Services To WordPress – Google Site Kit (WPCRAFTER)
Interested in adding the Site Kit plugin to your WordPress website? Contact us. Although we already regularly use Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Google PageSpeed Insights for our digital marketing clients, we’re starting to test the plugin on some client websites to see where it can add value for us (as WordPress developers and digital marketers) as well as our clients.
Based in Austin, TX, Bound By is a WordPress development, maintenance, and digital marketing agency. We offer a free consultation and can discuss the best plan of action based on your individual business needs. Let’s talk about your project!